3.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I was shopping at the Garland location Sunday 5/21/2017 around 5:00 pm with my family.We spent approximately 140.00 on clothing for some young adults that I open my home to.

They have interviews and were in need of some clothes. First I want to say I have been a patron and contributor to Goodwill for over 20 years, probably a little closer to 30 years. I'm an upstanding citizen, taxpayer and have been in customer service as well as management for most of my life. On Sunday I was severely mistreated and threatened by a young cashier at the Garland location 451 W Interstate 30 #100 Garland Tx 75043.

I want to give the store/ company a chance to right this wrong before I go to the Police, News Media , and social media. I recorded the event on my phone and I have audio recordings of phone calls where I tried to speak to the Manager as well, I will also be applying for a job because this store is in acute need of management. After shopping for several hours which consisted of two very eager young men trying on interview clothes. Once their choices were made we worked our way to the check out where there was a long line and two cashiers one of which was working hard she was an older grey haired woman and one who was doing a lot of walking around a young black woman.

My mother, myself and the two young men then approached the counter in front of the young black woman. We began to put the items on the counter. A lot of items. She took one look at them and looked at the older woman and said.

I don't have time for this. I should have been off earlier. I was completely shocked. I told her I understand you say you should be off be you still have customers to tend to.

She then said Nah ***. I looked at my mother who was also in shock and said wow I guess they will hire anyone here. At this point she said wow you really said that, I no longer said anything else to her. I did start recording on my phone.

My mother asked her to please bag one shirt separately from the others. She then threw down the shirt and walked off. Several minutes later the manager returned and began to check us out the girl now standing beside her threatened me by saying that I'm lucky she doesn't come over the counter to beat my *** and that I'm lucky she doesn't call her relatives to do the same. I must tell you I am licensed to carry a firearm and can you imagine how badly this situation could have turned.

I'm a professional trained adult so what I did was the best solution at the time and that was to leave. However I called the Manager once I had my family safely away. She wanted to argue with me and then hung up on me. I have the phone calls recorded.

I then called back to get her supervisor's name and number and she again hung up on me. This too is recorded. This must be remedied she is not safe to work in public. I will not stop here.

I'm concerned for my life and the safety of others. Please get back with me today.

If this cannot be handled at store level.I will have to contact law enforcement if no one contacts me by Monday May 21, 2017

Review about: Goodwill Cashier.

I didn't like: Lousy customer service only care about themselves.

Comments

The way I see it, your mother and you were the problem.Not the Goodwill store or that employee.

Your mother had no business saying what she said to that girl. Either one of you knows how long she'd been working or what was really going on.

Your post oozes racism like a pus.Honestly, some people.

to Q9 #1391082

you probably work for goodwill. Loser!!!!!